[rescue] Re: Re: OH YEA??? [was: Re: Ultra?]

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sun Aug 4 14:29:39 CDT 2002

> > it's not the lack of SCSI, it's the presence of IDE, the lack of SMP
> > capability, and the castrated nature of the crippled Ultrasparc IIi
> > processor that make the U5 an inferior machine.
>
> George,
>
> How would you compare the SM71, say, to the U5/270 then?  Would that
> be a typical config that would be useful for comparison?

No comparison including an U5 could be described as "useful", you're asking
for something similar to the "Sparc vs. Intel" contrast.

If offered a FREE U5/270, I would refuse it. (No Kidding).
If I actually had one in my posession, I would immediately give it to someone
I didn't like, or to someone who would sell it to someone I didn't know.

George