[rescue] Re: FORGET VINUM.....

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sun Aug 4 07:45:23 CDT 2002

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002, Kevin Lee wrote:

> I have run vinum on my Freebsd 4.6 box (Intel 1g) for the past few
> months....it is by Far the worst piece of shit I have ever experienced.
> FORGET IT...
> Here is what I did.
> Install solaris 9 and use DISKMANAGER....
> 1000% better and faster and more Reliable and tons of good docs on sunsolve.

Do you mean Solstice Disksuite? I'm not familiar with DISKMANAGER.

Also, how is Solaris 9 on Intel these days? :) I haven't seen it yet, and
I find that an OS that's not available on a platform can't be even 1%
better than an OS that is available. :)

As an aside, if anyone could comment, how is SDS/ODS on Intel?

--Rob