[rescue] *BSD on Sparc?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Aug 4 02:37:11 CDT 2002

On August 3, vraptor at employees.org wrote:
> Should've looked a bit myself.  The only FreeBSD port going on
> Sun hardware-wise is for sun4u.

  It is my understanding that Sun funded at least some of the FreeBSD
SPARC porting effort...only for UltraSPARC machines.

> It looks like something called "RAIDframe" from CMU for NetBSD
> might be a possibility.  Or maybe I'll turn the SS20 into the
> firewall and reclaim the current FreeBSD x86 firewall box to
> learn vinum.

  RAIDframe has been integrated into NetBSD for some time.  It works
well.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                     "I haven't worn pants in 14 months!"
St. Petersburg, FL                                   -Pete Wargo