[rescue] Possibly useful SGI source in Australia

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sun Aug 4 02:24:28 CDT 2002

Hi lads

while searching for something unrelated and I came across the following
web-site. Basically it is an ex-lease SGI reseller in Australia.

http://www.networkr.com/sgi_frame.html

Some of their prices look fairly good e.g. 400-700 USD of the equivalent
reputable.com prices. For example an Octane with 250Mhz R10k, 512MB, 9GB,
SE graphics, kb + mouse is 800USD (vs 1235), an Octane with 300MHz R12k,
512MB, 9GB, SE + texture graphics, kb + mouse is 2000USD (vs 2700).

I haven't bought from this crowd before - but they may be useful for some
of our Australian or New Zealand subscribers (shipping from Australia to
the USA would be horrendous). They also sell on EBay as seller
'networkr at ihug.com.au'.

Regards,

Gavin