[rescue] Re: Solving a lot of financial problems

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Fri Aug 2 11:56:52 CDT 2002

Scott Newell wrote:
>>Scott Newell's not alone.. figure I saw jsut the other day was 100
>>m-i-l-l-i-o-n in the US in last 5 years (taken with the Nigerian etc
>>scheme)
>>
>>100 m-i-l-l-i-o-n.. how much per poor desparate confused sucker is that??
>

> Not so much poor, desperate, and confused, but greedy.  That's how most of
> the pyramid schemes really succeed--they draw people in through their own
> greed.

I sort-of disagree.  I don't believe that the majority of people are
particularly greedy.  We do have, however, an artificial "want"
condition in this country - and others as well.  People don't want to
have to work hard.  They see others who hav more than they do.  They
then, oddly enough, work harder trying to get more without working.

The greedy people are the ones that come up with the schemes.  They
usually know there's little or no way for the end person to make money.
  But that person will sure as hell make money for them.

Also when you look and shake your head at all the "poor suckers"
remember that they were probably never thought to think for themselves.
Our education system does a wonderful job of squashing independant
thought wherever it can.

Mike Hebel