[rescue] Free Stuff

Nathaniel Grady nate at physics.ait.fredonia.edu
Fri Aug 2 11:40:52 CDT 2002

My mom called and threatened to take this stuff to the dump if I don't get it out of her basement soonish. It's all for pickup in Fredonia, NY (Exit 59 of the Thruway - about 45 mins from Buffalo or Erie, PA).

1) PDP-11 (I think /23? but could be wrong). It's about 6 inches high, 19" rack mount (with sliding rails). The PSU appears to work fine according to my multimeter, however I don't believe the board set works. A rack of them was being thrown out from $college's ECE lab and apparently I grabbed exactly the wrong machine. All it does is throw 3' high flames out the top when turned on (boy does burning epoxy make a room smell! Had to sleep upstairs for a week!). Anyway, it's free. It's also got a massive linear 30 volt PSU (13 amps in the AC side).

2) Old Supermac 20" monitor. 1024x768, 72hz(iirc) fixed frequency SOG. 3 BNC connectors - I'll also give ya the normal-VGA -> 3bnc cable. Worked fine with a Matrox Millinum-I in my PC.

----

Not free, but shippable. Make offer - they're going to ebay soon if nobody wants them:

1) HP/HIL keyboard / mouse for HP/9000's.
2) HP/Apollo 9000 400 series box. Unknown specs. Has drive/ram.  Couldn't get it to recognize my CD-ROM drive (hey - it *was* sun-bootable...) and never had the time to get it net booted.

--Nathaniel Grady