[rescue] Must have peripherals [was Re: worth it for the disks?]

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Aug 1 15:18:13 CDT 2002

On Thursday, August 1, 2002, at 02:36 PM, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> Try throwing it in a dishwasher. VERY low heat, then let it sit out for
> 3 weeks to dry. If you are in a hurry, you can throw it in an oven @
> 100F for a couple hours.
>
> I have saved many keyboards this way.
>
> shawn

Dude... this reminds me of the time when I worked at a computer store
doing service and some guy had a flood... so he stuck his Gateway
computer in the oven to dry it out.  This only corroded everything worse
because he didn't bother washing it ahead of time... (lots of mud) there
was also no way his drives would ever work again... but believe it or
not the CPU and MOBO did work.
I still had a great laugh.

-Andrew