[rescue] fuck you Theo

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue Apr 30 16:18:15 CDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> i would love to, since NetBSD can still boot from CD-ROM and TAPE on the vax
> hardware, something OpenBSD has lost the ability to do it seems!!!

Ummm... I'm not seeing any release of OpenBSD that booted VAX from CD.
There is no VAX bootable CD listed all the way back to 2.1.

I haven't looked at the install instructions to see if and when
they "lost" the ability to boot from tape....

It seems like the only practical option for OpenBSD VAX is netboot...
although I haven't gone thoroughly over the documentation.

> however, i really need the network bridging device that NetBSD has yet to
> assimilate.  oh well.

You've got it wrong, just ask Dave M, OpenBSD only steals code from
NetBSD, not the other way around =)

--Kurt