[rescue] fuck you Theo

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Apr 30 15:35:04 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 04:28:47PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> I do wonder if perhaps he'd be amenable to micro-boot-cds.  The kind that
> basically only has what is on the floppy and not much else.  Perhaps that
> would've helped you out with your vax.

Microboot ISOs would be cool.  When I was trying to use OpenBSD, I spent
a lot of time making coasters trying to get a bootable CD made since that
machine had no floppy, and I wasn't prepared to netboot it.

Further, when I install debian, I only use the debian CDs I have (which are
long out of date) to get the process started, then everything is gotten
from the net.  So, to be able to download a 20-50meg ISO just to replace
boot floppies would have been enough for me.

I only have 3 working floppy drives out of all my machines.  I take that
back, I haven't attempted to use the floppies in my Macs yet.

--
Joshua D. Boyd