[rescue] sniping, etc

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 30 13:39:02 CDT 2002

> > Damn man, at 1400$ that's hard to turn down..
> > Why are they willing to pay that much?
>
>   Umm, do the math, Nick.  That's $20/ea.

Even if someone was going to throw away the SS1
and the SS4 and put together maybe 5 SS2s that
are worthwhile, and even assuming that 30% of
the remaining systems are so screwed up that
they're just hangar queens, then the haul is:

  5x  SS2 (essentially "worthless" on resale
	 for typical sellers, but some folks
	 could find a home for these...)
  12x SS5  (probably worth $25 each at least)
  18x SS10 (probably worth $50 each at least)
  6x  SS20 (probably worth $75 each at least)
  1x  U1   (probably worth $100 at least)
  1x  U5   (probably worth $200 at least)

so by me, the haul is likely worth almost $2000
in terms of what it might bring on eBay...and
that's with fairly conservative numbers.

  --Rip