[rescue] sm?1 vs sm?1-2

Daniel Johannsson djohanns at zeppelin.net
Tue Apr 30 09:36:25 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 09:12:42AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> What is the difference between units like the sm51 and the sm51-2, or
> the sm61 and sm61-2?
>
> http://mbus.sunhelp.org/misc/sunparts.htm seems to indicate that the -2s
> can't be used in ss10s, 20s, or 4/600s.  Guess it is a good thing that I
> got outbid on one then.
>
> Still want a dual processor module though.  Appears like I'll end up with
> an SM61 instead.

The -2 has 2mb of cache instead of 1.  I think it was meant for the sc2000
boxes.  A friend has a sm61-2 in his ss20, and it seems to work as a regular
sm61 in there.  I don't know if there are any strange issues with using -2's
in those machines though.
Hopefully I'm not spacing and confusing this with the dual cpu board.
Later,

Dan