[rescue] sniping, etc

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Tue Apr 30 09:13:51 CDT 2002

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 12:00 am, you wrote:
> I look at it this way - everyone has the same opportunity to "snipe"
> bids at the last minute. 8-)  If you dont get it, oh well, you'll
> find another.

Gee, that means that everyone just bids whatever they're willing to pay and
the only difference is that it's done at the last minute...  Like a sealed
bid auction....

heh, imagine that, people just bidding what they're willing to pay for an
item, instead of trying to " play psychological games" with the other bidders.

The way I look at it is this..  If you're willing to pay $100 for an item,
and someone outbids you with 30 minutes (or seconds) left in the auctiion,
then they were obviously willing to pay more than you were...
If not, you should have followed instructions and bid what you were actually
willing to pay in the first place.

I'm Done.

George