[rescue] MipsPro Compilers

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Apr 29 01:04:59 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 12:51:46AM -0500, George Adkins wrote:
> > > FSCKing Stallmanisms...

>Is there some stupid linux trick to get gtk+ to compile under MipsPro on IRIX?
>Somebody please club me with a Clue Bat if I'm supposed to be doing something
>other than: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local; make; make install

That is all I did to make it work for me, except I used --prefix=~ (I didn't
have root on the machine in question).  Perhaps you could post the specific
errors?  Unfortunately, I no longer have access to an Irix box at school
anymore.  My account is still good, but they never got the machine hooked
up again.  My blood presure goes up anytime I think about it.

BTW, you and Brian might enjoy:
http://jahshakafx.sourceforge.net/

Supposedly they are actually testing it on Irix, so maybe it will compile
for you.

I'll report when I can get it installed.  My net connection is flaking out
at the moment.  Thanks Dave for the link.

--
Joshua D. Boyd