[rescue] MipsPro Compilers

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Apr 29 00:56:16 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 01:43:48AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On April 29, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > > Jon Singer.  He's a trip.
> >
> > That still doesn't say who he is, but if we are talking about the guy
> > claiming to be Doug Humphrey's (neglecting to check the spelling of that)
> > friend, then he appears to be.
>
>   The spelling is correct.  And he definitely is Doug's friend.  I'm
> weirded-out now...how do you know who either of these people are?

You've told me who Doug is, and when I enter Jon Singer into google a page
popped up on a site belonging to a Jon Singer that mentions Doug.  So a
Jon Singer that knows a Doug that you've mentioned seems like a likely bet
for being the Jon Singer you've mentioned.

Perhaps I should try expressing that in formal logic.  I wonder how one
would do so...

Sorry, I was playing Risk earlier, and every time I do, it gets me thinking
about trying to logically prove a hypothesis using only inferences.

--
Joshua D. Boyd