[rescue] MipsPro Compilers

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sun Apr 28 23:28:40 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 12:31:31AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I dunno...I've used bash exclusively on nearly every platform (except
> VMS and non-X MacOS!) with nary a burp, in compilation or execution.

it's funny you should mention that.  i should bug him for the stuff, but a
cow-orker (the guy who knows AIX, but is a little too much of a linux weenie
for my tastes) was trying to write scripts for bash that _SHOULD HAVE WORKED_
but didn't.  when run in ksh they worked fine.  i forget what nonsense he had
to go through to get them to work.  i'll ping him and see if he still has an
idea of what it was we were trying to do.

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --