[rescue] Re: Vaxen?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Apr 27 16:55:43 CDT 2002

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> > desktop computing or the Internet.  We don't go around badmouthing and
> > laughing at our 2001 Chevy, call it "obsolete", and want to send it to
> > the dump the moment the 2002 models come out, do we?
>
> That depends.  I have some neighbors that do exactly that...

Sounds like a case of "program cars" ... where people with an "in" with
the auto company get a new car every year or two. I guess it's considered
marketing/promotion/cheap excuse for not giving a raise.

My last car change was inspired by a desire for a better sound system.
Went from a '94 saturn to a '00 saturn and got a combo tape/cd in the
deal. Yeah, I could've gotten the upgrade at Sears for about $13k less,
but I'm happy being back under 100k miles.

And (obRescue) the '00 holds more computers. By the way, one of those
dorky looking Pontiac Aztek cars will hold 40 Dell desktop PCs and two
passengers comfortably. Something to think about whilst pondering a
rescue-friendly vehicle :) Although my Ford Aerostar holds a few more,
especially with the back seats removed.

Rob