[rescue] Vaxen?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 27 14:26:28 CDT 2002

On April 27, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> >   Yeah, I'd love to see a wire-wrap 168 pin DIMM socket. ;)
>
> you've seen the back part of PDP backplanes, they used to do it all the time!

  I've wire-wrapped those very same backplanes; the Navier-Stokes
Supercomputer used Unibus form factor boards and backplanes (they were
available as OEM gear from DEC) and I wrapped a bunch of 'em.  The
backplanes were a piece of cake compared to the boards themselves, at
250-300 TTL chips per board.  Needless to say, that machine was under
construction for some time. :)

  They're a bit different from 168-pin DIMMs, though, dudage.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                                 "Mmmm.  Big."
St. Petersburg, FL                                -Den