[rescue] Fiber loop simulators?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sat Apr 27 02:27:44 CDT 2002

Also that is point source attenuation on full strength clean signal.
Distance attenuation has entirely different characteristics as energy falls
off is exponential not linear. And theres jitter to take into account
(frequency shifts caused by refraction through a medium), which is different
from the frequency decomposition that James related below, and is made worse
by it.

The guy who sat next to me at storageway had a doctorate from UIUC in high
energy optical physics. We used to have some REALLY fun discussions on fiber
optics, high energy physics in general and lasers in particular, and deep
space optical telescopy.

Chris Byrne