[rescue] Maybe-kinda-sorta PDP/11 in Cambridge, MA

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Apr 26 21:10:39 CDT 2002

Okay, my fiancee's dormitory at MIT has a PDP/11 they want to have
rescued.  Problem is, they don't really know what they have, or what sort
of price they want for it.  I took a look at it, and, while I didn't see a
PDP -proper-, It could possibly be lying outside of the rack somewhere.

I did see a 9-track tape drive, four 8" floppy disc drives, a lineprinter,
and a big power-distribution-looking thing[1].

Would anyone be willing to arrange to drop by there and look at the
system?  If so, email me off-list.  There may also be a Crimson for
rescuing, but I don't know whether its owner has finally given up on it or
not.

--Jonathan
[1] In case it isn't obvious, I should point out that my knowlege of the
    PDP world is basically limited to knowing that Unix started out on
    one.