[rescue] Sun-compatible PCI quad fast ethernet for $130

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Apr 26 12:37:17 CDT 2002

Hi folks,

Corpsys/Diskdepot has Znyx ZX346Q quad fast ethernet cards for $130 on
ebay (ebay store, like buy-it-now mixed with dutch auction, 7 available).
See
	http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2015973156

I used these three-up in Ultra 5s at a previous job. Worked better than
the Sun qfe cards, and we were paying about 1/3 of Sun's price. They're
DEC Tulip-based, supported under lots of stuff, including SPARC Solaris
2.6-8. Drivers and support info at
	http://www.znyx.com/support/drivers/ZX346Q_drivers.htm

No connection except that I've bought a few things from Znyx and from
Corpsys. I know people have asked before about cheap qfe cards, so I
thought I'd pass this along. I have one of these and it's pretty nifty.

Rob