[rescue] O2 graphics compared to entry-level Octane graphics?

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Thu Apr 25 05:33:32 CDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 11:34:10AM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:

> SGI had one up on their site but all I get is the crying baby when I go look
> for it now.

google is your friend. ;)

> max resolution at reasonable refresh rate (72 hz or above say)

no idea where to find this info, but most of them do pretty high res, at least
1280x1024, higher than that may or may not do ok refresh rate.

> Relative 2d speed
> Relative 2d quality

probably all about the same, hopefully someone knows.

http://www.futuretech.vuurwerk.nl/gfxtables.html

> Relative 3d quality - - Geometry, transforms, lighting
> Relative 3d quality - texturing

high?  :)

> Any special features or expansions available
> Any other notes

there is a metric buttload of info that falls into this category, easier to
do if narrowed down.

> What I'd like to see most is the exact differences between SI/SSI/MXI and
> SE/SSE/MXE

it's all on that link

-brian
--
"He's hopped up on caffeine. He has the strength of ten mice."  -PVP