[rescue] Mmmmm SGI

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Wed Apr 24 20:14:32 CDT 2002

At 08:09 PM 24/04/2002 -0500, Josh wrote:
> > Damn the arse really has dropped out of the used Octane market.  I guess
> > that will teach me for placing a semi-serious speculatory bid.
> >
> > I'll probably look at selling it locally for a small profit, so I'm after
> > suggestions on what cost-effective upgrades I should consider.
>
>That is a pretty average price in the US at the moment, although such a
>machine for that price doesn't come with as much ram.

That's why I expected to be outbid, but things don't always turn out the
way you think they will.

>Check out http://www.reputable.com/sgilist.html Only $40 more, albeit with
>only 256megs of ram.  Don't take all the octanes for local resale though
>please.

Don't worry, I definately won't be doing that.  I think this one will be
hard enough to sell, any more would flood the local market.  I'll probably
also have problems getting SGI to sell me IRIX CDs cheaply like I did when
I got the O2.

Rob.