[rescue] Found some hens teeth

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Apr 23 22:19:20 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 06:18:41PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:

>how much does this stuff generally run for?  i'd really like a proper FDDI to
>FastE bridge so that i don't need to use my NAT gateway for the task (and so i
>can put a less beefy box in it's place as well as use my SBus FastE card
>somewhere else)

The Lanplex 2500 I have cost me $50, which was about the going rate at the
time for that configuration (1 FDDI card, 2 10mbit 8port cards, 4th bay
empty).

The problem is that the 100baseTX card (single port per card, BTW) seem
to be made of hens teeth.  Prior to today, I never say one for sale except
for a few lanplex 2500s with the card that the sellers wanted $3500 for.
So, you probably would get better results looking elsewhere.

Would:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2019097287
do the job?  1 FDDI port, 1 100BaseTX port, 24 10BaseT ports.  4 for sale.
Not seeing too much else on ebay that would do the job.

--
Joshua D. Boyd