[rescue] Re: DSBE/S

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Tue Apr 23 13:52:05 CDT 2002

Joshua-

A- Differential and Single-Ended are quite definitely DIFFERENT. The main
point being that Differential sends signals by varying voltages..
differential between voltages.. and these voltages are very very bad for SE
Differential is secretly called High-Voltage-Differtial, vis-a-vis modern
LVD.. Low-Voltage-Differential.. LVD can live with SE.. HVD ("Old
Differential" cannnot)

B- Yes (I was jsut researching this myself.. the RSM-2xx chassis (as well
as the D1000 & A1000) uses a Differential I/O ((Fast-Wide-Differential
(68-pin)) to the host ((but converts this to SE internally.. and uses plain
SE drives

C- eBAy sellers sledom know what they are talking about

D- You will need a 68-pin controller.. sorry I dont know if the DSBE/E is
68-pin..

E- try www.sunstuff.org.. a GREAT resource for hardware info !!!!!

F- Differntial looks like <<-  the double bracket is the key

G- Differential is NOT always 68-pin wide.