[rescue] Maybe Wanted: Early PowerPC Macintosh Systems

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at bfr.co.il
Mon Apr 22 10:52:47 CDT 2002

Mike Hebel wrote:
> BZZT!  The photo battery is 12V while the proper battery is less (6.5V
> IIRC - I'll have to rummage for one around here).  If you put the photo
> battery in there you'll most likely let the magic smoke out of the
> PRAM circuits.  Besides, I think someone else mentioned that this
> particular model used the square two-wire battery as a few odd models
> are configured to do.

No, there is a 3V lithium battery that fits in the socket the same as the
3 volt lithium battery on my first generation power macs. It's available
all over the place here for 20 NIS ($4) to 30 NIS ($6). The local Apple
parts distributer wants about $20 for the Apple part.

We're both thinking of different batteries.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.