[rescue] Instant Internet boxes

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sun Apr 21 21:46:08 CDT 2002

On Sunday 21 April 2002 10:53 pm, you wrote:

> > 1.  Anyone have experience with these?
>
> AIEEEEEE.

Uh-oh.

> AIEEEEE.

I guess not.

> AIEEEEE.

Hmm, looking bad.

> AIEEEEE.

Okay, I guess it was very bad.

> We had one at the ISP I worked at in '95, to bridge the Novell and
> TCPIP networks.. *ICK*.  Had to be rebooted 2-3 times a day.

Yeah, but that wasn't really its intended use... it's an Internet autodialing
gateway and maybe proxy/firewall (not sure about this though).

And even if their software sucked, I wanna run Linux on it :)   Or, at least
reuse the case and stuff my own guts in it.

-E.