[rescue] Suggestions for a *small form-factor* PC?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Apr 21 13:00:10 CDT 2002

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:

> I would not mind using a Classic or an LX for a firewall/router, but you
> can't put FDDI in it.

True enough, but I'm just running lame-o FastEthernet over here.  So far,
it's keeping up nicely.  I'm very impressed.  I ran an LX as a server (the
original celestrion.net) in 1998 through 2000 and was stunned that a box
with so little CPU power actually can maintain a steady full 10Mb/s stream
of pregenerated data (through Apache, even) over Ethernet.  Damn, but Sun
boxen can do I/O.

--Jonathan