[rescue] Small Sparc as firewall

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sun Apr 21 11:00:33 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 11:49:01AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I don't know of many 18 wheelers with gasoline engines, nor many that
> are nearly thirty years old still running around the streets.
>
> > Is it mogas or diesel powered?
>
>   The Unimogs we're talking about are gas.  There are diesel Unimogs,
> but all model 404s are gas.

there is also the issue of gearing.  18 wheelers have as many as 20 gears, so
you can very easily get a good high speed low rpm highway gear.  the mog has
the combination of a gas engine and VERY low gearing.  think about it.  a gas
powered vehicle that only goes 45MPH.  that's high rpm, low speed.  4MPG doesn't
sound to unreasonable then.

there are diesel Unimogs?  where.  i want one.

-brian
--
"He's hopped up on caffeine. He has the strength of ten mice."  -PVP