[rescue] Small Sparc as firewall

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Sun Apr 21 00:07:24 CDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 19:06, James Sharp wrote:
> Since there's a 99.9% chance I'll be getting an ISDN circuit when I move,
> and I don't want to pay the $300/mo for a dedicated/routed netblock (at
> least not for a few months), I'm going to need a NAT box to hide
> everything behind.
>
> I've got an ISDN TA with a 115K serial port on the back of it...will
> something like a base SS2 deal with it?  Or will I need something
> faster...or should I just throw an Alpha or PeeCee at it?
>
> I've got a couple of SS2s, 2 SS20s, and an AlphaServer 200.

As other people have said, you want an SS10.  I think one of the older
machines has onboard ISDN as well, maybe the LX?  The SGI Indy has ISDN
as well, but running Irix as a firewall seems, well, stupid.  :)  I
don't think anything else runs on them (Indy's) well enough to use.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.