[rescue] Suggestions for a *small form-factor* PC?

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Sat Apr 20 21:20:17 CDT 2002

At 09:22 PM 20/04/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> > Yeah! I am currently using a sparcclassic running NetBSD as my
> > router/firewall. It runs like a charm with just 16MB of RAM. Plus NetBSD
> > comes with IPfilter and sshd by default. It takes about 1/2 hr to have a
> > fully configured router from scratch!
>
>That's currently what I'm using, only with 24MB or memory.

I started with an LX & Solaris 8 (sooo sloooow doing SSL) and will be
replacing it with an AlphaStation 200 & OpenBSD once I figure how to get
this f*cked up Sendmail and SMTPD working together.

The damn thing won't deliver mail locally, just keeps giving it back to
SMTPD which then gives it to sendmail to deliver locally, which then gives
it back to SMTPD... ad infinitum.

Maybe I should just go back a couple of versions to one that doesn't have
this borkenness of not running as root.  Grr!

Rob.