[rescue] Suggestions for a *small form-factor* PC?

Joshua Johnston flagg at midmaine.com
Sat Apr 20 19:59:33 CDT 2002

What I currently use for my setup is a Pentium 100 DEC system running
the IPCop firewall distribution of Linux which uses IPChains.  It's
running with 40M of RAM and a 3G drive, both of which seem quite well
able to handle the load my piddly modem puts on it.  You might be able
to find a small case at Case Depot, though that won't save you any
money. Since you're looking for PCI you pretty much limit yourself to
Pentium grade systems, since a lot of the '486/PCI machines I remember
were pretty unstable chipsets.

http://www.ipcop.org
http://www.casedepot.com/proddisp1.asp?category=Standard+Cases&subcatego
ry=Slim&sidecat=Standard+Cases