[rescue] sbus scsi netbsd question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Apr 18 21:19:31 CDT 2002

Will sbus cards based on the Qlogic ISP1000U chip work under NetBSD?
The netbsd page says ISP10x0 supported, but nothing about the 1000u.

Of course, if I switch to Solaris, then I could use my smart FDDI card for
an even faster file server.

Also, is it a 64-bit sbus card likely to cause problems?  The seller says
it works in SS5, 10, etc, but Sun only lists SS?000, A1?, E* as supported.
I'm planning on putting it in a classic, although I someday hope to be
able to get an Ultra1 or 2 for the task.

The seller wants a pretty reasonably amount of money, and it would make
for a wicked fast server.

--
Joshua D. Boyd