[rescue] C was Cooling

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Apr 18 14:49:59 CDT 2002

On April 18, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> For me C syntax still looks like someone took some nice Pascal code,
> loaded it into a shopping cart and sent it careening into a brick wall
> in a totally inelastic collision.  It's too short-handy IMHO.  This
> codes snippet makes me cross-eyed :-P

  Eeeew.  The only thing I like about Pascal is that it was trivial to
learn.

  I think it's important to keep two things in mind: 1) the better you
know a language, the more comfortable its syntax becomes, and 2) it's
possible to write unreadable code in *any* language.

<troll>
  Take Perl, for example.  More dollar signs than actual code.  Put
two colons in something and it magically becomes object-oriented and
is somehow better.  Etc.
</troll>

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                                 "Mmmm.  Big."
St. Petersburg, FL                                -Den