[rescue] Nifty little box on ebay...

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Wed Apr 17 21:20:06 CDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Larry Snyder wrote:

> > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2017773003
> > >
> > > only $3K, and it's even MSQ'd
> >
> > I highly suspect that means no OS.
> >
> > --
> > Joshua D. Boyd
>
> Well.....it's probably got no disks, either, nor console.  And it'll
> be a very small example of its genre, with only a couple channels and
> 128M.  Hey Sridhar, is this thing what I think it is?

I doubt if it comes with DASD.  The system management box is in the CPU
rack, so I would guess that's probably there.  Console is just any old
3270-type terminal.  This machine is worth $3K to someone like a reseller,
or someone who's looking to use it in production right away, to start
selling time on it or something, but not to me.

Peace...  Sridhar