[rescue] OT: broken de-MIME-ers should be shot! ;-)

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Apr 17 19:20:11 CDT 2002

[ On Wednesday, April 17, 2002 at 17:42:34 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] OT: broken de-MIME-ers should be shot!  ;-)
>
> Sadly its the best thing out there for this purpsoe.

Personally I'd probably choose to bounce an "inappropriate" message
(just like the demime author claims to have done in the past), but then
again I seem to be one of those so-called heretics who believes a bounce
message is not a lost message (just one that might need re-sending ;-).

(In the particular case of my ISO-8859-1 degree symbols it seems setting
the configuration variable $SEVEN_BIT_ONLY to zero will stop 8'th-bit
stripping....  If it also leaves alone the charset and transfer encoding
then it'll potentially allow people using different default charsets to
interoperate too!  :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods