[rescue] Re: OSM-2000/LVD

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Apr 17 16:42:35 CDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Steven Hill wrote:

> According to a Sun engineer I was talking to, all devices sold by sun
> marked Differential are HVD.
>
> Which reminds me, I really need to get my hands on a HVD card.

This is true. Sun does finally have an LVD card, it's X2222A, dual fast
ethernet + dual 80MB/sec LVD SCSI on one PCI card for $2495 list.
http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hw/networking/connectivity/dualfastethernet/

You can get a dual port 160MB/sec third party card and a quad port 100mbps
Ethernet card for less than that, but if you can't use two PCI slots, it
may be a good idea. I'd throw an Intraserver dual SCSI and a Znyx qfe
tulip card in myself, and cut the price in half, assuming I had the slots
free.

Rob