[rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Apr 16 19:46:24 CDT 2002

On April 16, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >   C is easy to learn...much easier than BASIC in my opinion.  It's the
> > commonly-used libraries that one can find "new" things in after having
> > been a C programmer for years on end. :)  The language itself is
> > simple and small.
>
> If you understand what the hardware is doing, that is.  Most people never
> figure it out.

  I very firmly believe that learning how the hardware works...maybe not
to the level of voltages and signal propagation, but at least to the
level of logic...can make any half-decent programmer a MUCH better
programmer.  I believe it is essential...though few programmers do
understand the hardware.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                                 "Mmmm.  Big."
St. Petersburg, FL                                -Den