[rescue] Re: High School CS

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Tue Apr 16 18:41:32 CDT 2002

My brother (4 years behind me) at least had access to a 33KSR on a
compuserve dialup in high school.  My first exposure was an IBM 1130
which, of course, could only be used for our Fortran IV class assignments
back in the fall of 70 at Rose.  The course was combined with descriptive
geometry, rather than being a strictly CS program.  Like many others,
calc shot me out of school.  And I tend to take the Dave approach to
circuit design:  SWAG a resistor value and stick in a pot twice the
value, then tweak it til it works.  And reference implementations are
your friend :-)
-ls-