[rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Apr 16 17:37:53 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 06:35:38PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > i really don't like A/C.
>   Why not?

it's so, i don't know, artificial?  maybe it's a mental thing, but fresh air
just seems so much nicer.  i *am* a hippie though, so that may influence my
feelings towards it. *G*  (nature ROCKS btw)

>   Fresh air is nice...but to me, fans just blow the hot air around.

mostly true unfortunately.

> Picture a DC-area summer.  98 degrees, 95% humidity, and NO AIR
> MOVEMENT AT ALL.  All day.  Every day.  For weeks on end.  Opening
> windows in that environment gets old after about twenty minutes.

yeah, PA has the same weather as DC.  400% humidity, 100 degrees.  but at least
it's only for a couple weeks out of the summer that it's like that.  or used to
be that way.  hard to say what it's going to be like this summer, considering
that it's only April and it almost hit 90 today.  it isn't supposed to do that
for a couple months yet.

i think i will lose this year, and be forced to install AC in the office.  i'll
have to try to build something for delivery since i don't want to put a window
unit in those GLORIOUS windows.  god i love this house.  if only it had central
AC.  nah, glad it doesn't.

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -