[rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Apr 16 14:28:21 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, April 16, 2002 at 12:49:16 (-0500), Eric Dittman wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)
>
> Granted, the AC unit doesn't run as much during the winter,
> but it does still run.

A friend of mine used to live in a loft downtown which happened to have
free power (because at the time the landlord was too stupid to realise
that paying the utility the money they wanted to install meters for
every unit would pay back many times over in savings on his own power
bill).  He had several Sun-3/260s and 3/280's, several SMD drives,
including at least two 14-inch Eagles, plus PC's running BSD,
portmasters, etc., all running in there.  I think he had ~30k BTU's
worth of AC running steady all year round (and it wasn't nearly enough
-- a testament to just how sturdy sun-3's and old fujitsu drives really
were).

--
								Greg A. Woods