[rescue] Cooling (was S: 512M (4x128M) U5/10 DIMMs)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 15 20:09:49 CDT 2002

On April 15, dave at cca.org wrote:
> >  The police were very polite (to me, anyway) and kept telling her to
> >point to something that she thought was illegal.  She pointed to
> >nearly every single thing in my house that wasn't a piece of furniture
> >and they dismissed each and every one.
>
> And we wonder why education in the US is so fucked up?
>
> "WHAT'S THAT!?!?"
>
> "A microscope."
>
> "IS THAT LEGAL?!?!?"

  Education in the US seems to be built around teaching people to
conform, respect the US Gov't no matter how bad it gets, and follow
the rules whether they make sense or not.  Thinking for oneself is
wrong.  Anything outside of that is considered dangerous at best,
subversive at worst...and should be stamped out immediately.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "Hush and eat your vegetables, young lady!"
St. Petersburg, FL                          - Mr. Bill