[rescue] LaserJet II printing problems

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Mon Apr 15 16:29:40 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> On April 15, wlewis at mailbag.com wrote:
---snip---

>   Cool!  These things will last forever if properly maintained.

MCM has the gears for cheap and about anything else can be repaired.

> > However, if I attempt to use CUPS to print
---snip---

>   Install ghostscript and set it up as a print filter.  I've never done
> that under Solaris in particular, but it shouldn't be too difficult.
> Alternatively, an LJII Postscript cartridge should be cheap these
> days; take a look on eBay.
>
>          -Dave

William, I'm running a LJ3 with a gs filter.  The physical connection
is through a pocket printserver, but that shouldn't matter.  If you'd
like I can send you the interface file for the ps implementation.
The gs I'm using is straight from sunfreeware.
-ls-