[rescue] Cooling (was S: 512M (4x128M) U5/10 DIMMs)

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Apr 15 16:05:43 CDT 2002

James Sharp [jsharp at psychoses.org] wrote:

> I wonder what the home owners association would say about him digging up
> part of his lawn to install that.

Actually, that would be fine as long as I get approval and all that.
The real problem is that particular room only has one window, and it's
on the front of the house.  I think I could get away with a window unit
on the back, but not streetside.

Of course, the lot doesn't have much room for the "cool it with the
earth" solution. :(

Anyone have a line on one of the standalone A/C units?  I could pretty
easily run an exhaust hose up through the attic to exhuast under the
eaves.  If they're in the $500 range, I imagine I could make the cost
back pretty quickly just on energy savings (I'm relatively certain
that that room is raising the total temperature of the house by at least
a degree, or two).

Thanks for all the replies!

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost

[demime 0.99c.1 removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]