[rescue] Weird problem.

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Mon Apr 15 00:34:24 CDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 19:58, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> > > Hi.  I'm trying to build GTK+-2.0.2 on my RS/6000 397, but I can't get it
> > > build.  It gives me the error that $path/libpixbufloader-png.so is
> > > missing.  I have libpng installed, so I don't know why it wouldn't have
> > > built this.  It happens while the demos are building.  Thanks.
> >
> > Comment out the section for the demos in the Makefile?
>
> That's what I was going to do next, but the error message concerned me.
> Will I lose functionality or something?

Possibly the ability to have GTK+ use pngs.  I don't really know for
sure.

libpixbufloader-png.so is part of GTK+ though.  Perhaps libpng didn't
get properly detected.  I'd take a closer look at the output from
configure (or autogen.sh) and see if there were errors from libpng.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.