Sun.com redesign (was RE: [rescue] OSM-2000)

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sun Apr 14 11:17:32 CDT 2002

On Sunday 14 April 2002 10:35 am, you wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, James Sharp wrote:
> > I think we're on to something here.  If we get Dave to fart at Sridhar
> > and Sridhar to burp at Dave, when the two wavefronts collide, there will
> > be an enormous amount of shockwave compression going on.  I bet you we
> > could create a small neutron star or black hole in our own living room
> > with the two.
>
> And have the two of them disappear into it?!  :-)

I doubt it, you have to consider their gas content and account for buoyancy.
Unless they were in close proximity to the epicenter of the event, buoyant
displacement amongst the matter inrush from the sudden, precipitous increase
in local gravity would likely kick them both out beyond the event horizon...
But hopefully in equal, opposite directions...

: )

George