[rescue] OpenBSD/sparc is Kicking my Butt

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Apr 13 16:19:05 CDT 2002

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> OK, this might be silly but you do realize there are two Sparc ports on the
> CD. Sparc and Sparc64, you aren't trying to boot the 64 bit code by chance?

I'm fairly certain of that.  The checksums of the files I have match the
32-bit release, not the 64-bit release.  Although, my last attempts to
netboot give "Data Access Exception".  That'd make me start pointing
fingers at caching or memory hardware, except that SunOS 4.1.3 and 5.8
boot just fine.

> I am running 3.0 on an SS4 with -zero- problems.

Yeah, that was the impression that I got--that it "just works".

> If booting from a floppy get the latest image from the obsd ftp site.
> Also check the errata page for any known issuses.

Nothing listed for SPARC.

> All else fails subscribe then post to sparc at openbsd.org

If I don't come up with anything in the next day or so, I might do that.

--Jonathan