[rescue] Okay, I give up (RS/6000 console cable)

Sridhar the POWERful vance at ikickass.org
Fri Apr 12 10:57:16 CDT 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> > > You could always use one of the pile of several hundred RS/6000 keyboards
> > > I have sitting in Wayne's warehouse.
> >
> > nah, i'm going headless.  this is going to be a server, not a workstation.
>
> So long as a PS/2 keyboard will work for 4.3.3, I guess I'm fine.  I've
> got a half-dozen model Ms around here.

It will work just fine.  The only problem you run into with PS/2 keyboards
is that, if you want to run floppy-based diagnostics, it won't work
because the diagnostics floppies are based on AIX 3.2.5, and only AIX 4
and up supports PS/2 keyboards.  You'd have to use a serial terminal.

Peace...  Sridhar