[rescue] NICs?

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Thu Apr 11 20:04:26 CDT 2002

On Thursday 11 April 2002 07:53 pm, you wrote:
> >Hmm, I used to do this on a 486/120 on a VLB mobo.  The two nics were
> > ISAs. You are aware of the line needed in lilo for multi-nic operation,
> > right?
>
> (head low in shame)  Nope.  Pointers?

I'm not sure if this was a requirement in earlier kernels or just what I had
to do to get it to work (the append line requires that the nic drivers be
part of the kernel).  Right before the boot line in lilo, I added:

append="reserve=0x200,32 ether=10,0x200,eth0 ether=3,0x300,eth1"

I used the "reserve" keyword to protect against hardware probes that
conflicted with this device.  See the Linux-Howto for more info.

> Nah, I set one up at 0x300/irq10, the other at 0x320/irq11.  And the
> detection shows the proper I/O, IRQ, and MAC addreses.

Again, not sure, but you may want to try spacing the addresses out further if
possible.

-E.