[rescue] NICs?

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Thu Apr 11 18:25:48 CDT 2002

ARGH!

Anyone got a spare sbus network card, cheap?  (AUI or TP ok.)

I've trying to get DSL up, but the router (a 486 running linux) doesn't
seem to want to let me run two ISA bus ne2000 cards!  Every time I try and
bring up the second nic (eth1), I lose contact with the lan over the first
card (eth0).  Both cards detected at boot ok, and I can either use RP PPPoE
to access the WAN (eth1), or access the LAN (eth0), but not both.

It's enough to make me want to dump the 486, shove a net card in the IPX,
and use it for masq/firewalling.

newell