[rescue] Okay, I give up (RS/6000 console cable)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 11 07:52:22 CDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:

I'd reply off-list, but your server doesn't like me (because I'm on free
bandwidth whose upstream[1] refuses to read RFC 2317).

> i have a GXT150M video card that is yours if you want it.

Sweet.  Will that work in here?  I thought it expected the framebuffer to
plug into that weird connector on the system board.

Now I just need a Unix-style monitor switchbox (or KVM).

> the RS/6000 uses PS/2 keyboards and mice, so that should be easy
> enough to come by.

That's what I -thought-, but it's IBM.  Sorta like SGI, you never know
what they might've done weird this time.

--Jonathan
[1] Bill has quite a few nasty stories about that upstream, as I remember.